African dictators have been peddling lies about the ICC. These lies are manufactured for them by pseudo intellectuals they pay. We shall examine some of them
1. The ICC is a “white man’s court”.
A look at the composition of the ICC reveals that Africa dominates the State Parties Membership. It has by far the largest block composed of 34 countries. If more signed it would actually increase its current 34% to 40%. Already African Countries together with Caribbean, Pacific and Latin American states out number Easter and Western European blocks by far!
Here is the composition of the ICC:
123 countries are States Parties to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.
Out of them
- 34 are African States,
- 19 are Asia-Pacific States,
- 18 are from Eastern Europe,
- 27 are from Latin American and Caribbean States, and
- 25 are from Western European and other States